21 February 2015

Zucchini Spaghetti Alfredo



We try to do a 3 day raw food cleanse from PuraVegan once a month.  This is one of the dinners that is usually a part of it.  I really like it.  Kurt not so much.  Anyway, I finally bought a spiralizer so I could make it myself.  The alfredo sauce is sooo easy to make it is ridiculous.  You can have this on the table in ten mins if you are a fast spiraler.  

For the spaghetti:
One large serving = 3 small winter sized zucchini / 1 big summer one would also work

For the sauce:
2 1/2 cups cashews
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon thyme spice
1 teaspoon sea salt
Throw it all in a blender and blend until smooth.  Toss with "noodles" and top at will.  I had a lonely mushroom so I tossed that in.  Some parsley and black pepper would be great too.

No comments: